I've started doing work for the new campaigns in October. Here's a draft of some of the ideas I've been bandying about, and some examples of campaigns I'm interested in running. Comment below with any thoughts, questions, or ideas!
- Find a new way to store character sheets. Duotangs in the table, maybe? A drawer for each campaign.
- Charge inspiration based on Traveler cards. Consider changing the reward for the player vote to make inspiration more fluid. Not sure to what?
- Think about holding an XP reflection moment for the last half hour of every session. Let players decide how they receive XP.
- There's a new town on the frontier, and you're some of its first settlers. Life on the edge of civilization is hard, and fortunes can be made and lost. Take up shovel and blade and join the ranks of Temir's homesteaders, and shape not merely your destiny, but your home's.
- We'll build the town together, and it'll serve as a home for one or both campaigns, changing and improving through choices and time. The town itself is a character.
- The Foreign Quarter
- The Foreign Quarter in Tachros is home to cultures from across the region, often neglected by the Senate and the city watch, though it's been the birthplace of many a hero in the past. This campaign aims to tackle small stories, ranging from political and infrastructural problems to the creeping doom that seems to have found its way into the Foreign Quarter's underbelly.
- We'll build the neighborhood together, and the campaign won't really leave it, focusing on intensifying the relationships and complexity there.
- The Faction game
- Explore a faction in Temir, like the Frontier Rangers, Wizards of the Coast, or Spellbinders. The particulars would depend on the faction, but the campaign would focus on status, rank, favours, and shaping the region and the faction itself.
These are going to evolve a bunch, but if there's stuff you're stoked for, it can help us focus on that. In general, the next campaigns will be set 20 years after the end of the current ones.
I like all the ideas.
2: Faction (depending on the faction)
3: Foreign quarter
Incorporating Traveler to the inspiration would be really neat! I think if the bonuses were minor, but pre-determined (i.e. we could draw a random card from the deck that could be used for something like an extra d6 for an ability check, making a hit do maximum damage automatically, or allowing you to apply a proficiency bonus to an unskilled check could be really neat.)
Of the three campaign ideas, all of them seem really cool, but I'm gravitating towards the Foreign Quarter. I'd be open to all three though.
XP for Feb 22!
- Gene finds and heals Rebecca: 212
- Melly consults with Evarel about disaster protection: 246
- Tyrtaeus achieves better life through surgery: 442
- Geff holds a concert: 231 (and rises two ranks on the Billbard)
There's still time to submit reflections and add the Adventure Log!
XP for Feb 8th!
I want to start breaking it down, rather than it being a number in the corner that just goes up until you gain levels. The start of a braver, bolder world of xp, we might suppose.
- Finding Cristina: 110
- Defeating Cristina: 230
- Slaying the corrupted dire bear: 450
- Confronting each other about Tyrtaeus's condition: 250
- Social Encounters and Ambitions pursued
- Muse's discourse on the soul: 70
- Tyrtaeus's temptation of Melly: 80
- Gene coming to terms with his nature: 80
Remember, you can still submit Adventure logs and Reflections.
New Psionic test rules
And more free stuff
There is now a top 100 chart for most famous bards in the region.
We need more bards, though. We need to push Tyrtaeus down to 96th spot. Have at it!
About this channel
- 122 views
- 17 posts
- 1 follower1 subscriber is following updates on this item.